Safe care: What to expect from your visit
Guidelines for patients and visitors
October 23, 2020 Written by SSM Health. St. Louis CyberKnife is a service of SSM St. Mary's Hospital.Whether you're due for an important health screening or experiencing a medical emergency – we stand ready to provide the safe, high-quality and personalized care you've come to expect from SSM Health. The same expert and dedicated team who led our COVID-19 response is now focused on ensuring you can safely resume the care you need. That’s why everyone is screened before entering our facilities and required to wear a mask or other face-covering. We’ve also enhanced our cleaning procedures, rearranged our waiting rooms and limited the number of visitors to create proper social distancing. To learn more or schedule an in-office or telehealth appointment with an SSM Health provider, call your physician’s office or find a provider today. Many of your questions can be answered by reading our Appointment FAQs fact sheet.
Patient and Visitor restrictionsOn Nov. 18, SSM Health prohibited most visitors in its hospitals and care facilities in an effort to protect our patients and caregivers. Patient and visitor policies for SSM hospitals, clinics and other facilities vary by location across the states we serve. Please contact our team or St. Mary's Hospital for more detailed information. Anyone visiting an SSM Health facility must follow our policies, including:
- Wearing approved face coverings, even when in the patient room.
- All individuals must be screened for symptoms upon arrival.
- Everyone must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering and leaving a patient’s room.
- Always stay at least six feet away from the patient (social distance).
- All guests will receive a badge to properly identify them while inside our buildings.
How SSM Health Keeps You SafeYou can safely seek medical care and protect yourself from exposure to COVID-19. SSM Health has extensive safety precautions and infection control measures in place at all our facilities to limit the risk of exposure and keep everyone safe. This includes:
- Screening/testing of all patients prior to their scheduled procedures
- Strict visitor policy to limit unnecessary traffic in our facilities
- Entrance screening for all employees, patients and visitors to our facilities; hand sanitation is required
- Adherence to all CDC guidelines and protocols regarding appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for providers and staff
- Requiring all employees, patients and visitors to wear masks or other face coverings when they enter our facilities
- Enhanced cleaning/disinfection processes in our clinics, hospitals and surgery centers
- Plexiglass barriers at check-in and registration to ensure appropriate distancing
- Realigned waiting room seating to ensure appropriate physical distancing
- Discontinuation of public water fountains
How You Can Help Us
- Please bring a cloth face covering or mask with you and prepare to wear it during your visit. If you don't have one, we will provide a cloth face covering for you – as supplies allow.
- Come by yourself, or, if needed, bring only one visitor or caregiver.
- Be prepared for screening upon arrival.
- You may be asked to wait in your car until it’s time to come inside for your office visit; we'll alert you when it's your turn.
- Please be aware of personal space and distance from other patients as well as our staff.
- If you are having symptoms such as a fever, cough or shortness of breath, notify your health care provider prior to arrival.